Monday, March 5, 2007

Oh Wow!

Every once in awhile, I get a glimpse of how things used to be. Last night, i was talking to a friend on the phone...the kind of friend you meet out of nowhere and just click instantly, becoming best buddies forever. The problem is....she lives very far away now. I miss her very much, so when I get the chance to talk to her on the phone, and tease her about when she's going to come and visit me (because somehow it's always me who has to visit everyone), it's a time I cherish.
We were talking about my blog, and the fact that she's been so busy that she hasn't read it lately, and the fact came up that she, in fact, has a blog, too. I had forgotten, but she pointed out that I had written in it once, very briefly. So we looked it up. I searched her blog, and sure enough, there was an entry on July 30, 2000. Very short and absolutely hilarious. Not because of anything I had written, but because of the glimpse of the strange, hilarious sense of humour of Husband, who also wrote in it. The content of that day's blog was as follows (I am S, he is S's Husband):
? 7/30/2000
S and her husband are here and I thought it would be ... interesting ... if we all wrote an entry together ...

Um...hi...I'm S, I guess. I don't really know what to say, but I was told to say SOMETHING. So....howdy!

S's husband here. I like to eat the needles hidden in haystacks underneath the lunar eclipse.

... (stunned look) ...

Well. As you can see, all is going well here. Over and out.

I laughed and laughed and laughed when I read this. Called Husband in to show him, and he denied his part in it, but it was him. That was totally him back then in our,as my friend put it "Still mushy newlywed stage"...which also happened to be the end of a one-month Greyhound trip across the country where at that point I was 3 months pregnant and barfing each morning as part of my daily routine. Not sure how we managed to still come across as mushy newlyweds. :)
I can't believe it's been almost 7 years since that entry! Wow!

No comments: