Saturday, March 24, 2007

Off Kilter

Nothing quite puts a wrench in your gears like having your schedule perfectly planned....and then finding out you missed an important detail. This morning, I headed off to do my papers. It was relatively warm, and the ice was going away, so that part was great. The wind was a bit hard today, so my ears started to get cold, at which point I discovered I had lost my ear warmer headband. Never found it, but that was okay, my ears stayed attached. Finished in good time, a few minutes over an hour, and headed off to the gym, all happy to be done and off to the stair stepper. Herein lies the problem. Today is Saturday. All week, the gym has opened at 5:30. It was 5:45-ish when I arrived. The lighting looked....different. People were still going into the building, so I figured maybe they were just a bit slow with the lights. Parked, grabbed my bag, headed in. Could not beep in with my card because the kiosk was closed. Why? Because on SATURDAYS (and Sundays), the gym opens to the public at 7:00...and the other people who went in? The swim team. I guess they have access at that early hour anyday. So I had to trudge back out to the car. Bought myself an Irish Cream Latte on the way home, and here I sit, feeling a little displaced. I think I might head back out and go to the gym now, before everyone gets up.
I'm hoping today will be better than yesterday. I was NOT feeling very well in the afternoon/evening. Vertigo, slight nausea, headache. And then while making spaghetti sauce, the thing bubbled and splurted boiling sauce on my wrist, causing severe pain for a good half hour, and was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back....tired, sick, and hurting,plus just generally in a bad mood that day anyway, I was not a happy camper. Husband came home and asked what was wrong. I told him, and he said he'd had such a good job that day, to go ahead and order pizza. So I did. Friday is their busy night, so it took a very long time to arrive....we ate at 7.
Well, i guess I should get my butt back out there and get to that stair stepper before I put it off and end up not going at all....MUST make this a habit.

No comments: