Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Jinxed It!!!!

I said yesterday as long as we "don't get another blast of winter wind and snow."
By suppertime, the temperature was fairly cold and the wind was blowing. By 6;30, big, fat flakes started coming down. By 7:00, you couldn't see 2 cars in front of you on the road for the blowing snow. It snowed most of the night. I awoke at 3:30 this morning, donned my big winter boots (as opposed to my smaller ones I had been wearing the last few days), and slogged through drifts and semi-deep snow. 117 papers this morning. Took me 2 hours, 45 minutes. And that was WITH a sled to help pull the papers around, so I didn't have to keep returning to the car for more.
Needless to say, I cashed in one of my lovely "Free Hot Beverage" coupons at 7-Eleven afterwards....peach cobbler a la mode latte. Yum!!!!!!!!!!
We are porting our home phone to a new cell phone, as that will be cheaper in the long run, and that should take effect tomorrow, sometime. I was having a blast playing with the new phone....it has a camera, video camera, and plays really cool music. It's going to be nearly impossible to choose a ring tone. I'll just have to rotate them. I get three at a time (caller ID, no caller ID, roaming), so will start with the CanCan, Rock and Roll, and Flight of the Bumblebee.
Today is grocery and library day. Today we buy a baseball bat sized pepperoni. Yum! Can hardly wait to make pizza....we make them BIG....so loaded with veggies and toppings that it weighs a ton and pretty much has a cutlery requirement unless you want a HUGE mess on your plate (which can be fun, too).

No comments: