Thursday, February 1, 2007

Workin' On the Chain gang...clink....clink

Why this song comes to mind, I don't know, but I kind of like it, and it seemed like a good title for today. :)
It's even colder today....windchill of -32C. They say it will be getting even colder over the next few days....the temperature itself is to drop to -33C, and that's not including windchill. Needless to say, I'm digging out the balaklava for the next few days and doing the papers half blind. Nothing quite like looking out your window in the early hours of the morning to see somebody trudging up your driveway with only their eyeballs showing, I always say. hee hee
As long as they realize I am there to GIVE them something and not some hoodlum come to rob them, all will be well. :)
This morning I had two routes again, but different ones...better ones, and smaller, too. A total of 75 papers instead of 144. Yesterday I made $30.50, today I made a mere $21.50....but in this cold weather, I'll take the pay cut just to be home sooner and warm up faster. I've been home for half an hour, and I'm STILL cold. Definitely snuggling up on the couch with a hot, strong cup of coffee in a few minutes. Daughter begged me last night to be allowed to come and help with the papers this morning.....I think she will fully understand and appreciate my telling her no way, when she wakes up to realize how stinkin' cold it is outside.
Hubby got a contract with a business for the day, which is always nice....he'll make about $500 today. It throws off my schedule, but in the end, we need the money more than we need me to have a solid schedule. In the meantime, it allows me to do the cleaning all before lunch (mostly), and then I can relax, maybe even have a short nap, while daughter is at school, then we go get groceries, return stuff to the library, have supper, then I have a group PVI (Personal Voice Instruction) for Chorus tonight.
I guess I'd better go get that coffee now, since I am sitting here, shivering, staring bleary-eyed at the screen going "What? What was I thinking about?"....and besides, hubby's alarm will be ringing in about 10 minutes, and everyone will be up and searching for food. :)

1 comment:

neville222 said...

Don't be too upset by the cold. At least you have ice and snow. That will melt to become WATER.
Water is what we don't have here.
There have been record rains north of here...40 inces in 3 days...record rains in the desert west of here in the deserts. Areas twice the size of Texas are under water.
But Bribane is running out of water after 10 years of dry. Power stations may have to close. Water may be rationed. Desalination plants, etc may be too late to come on line.
It's a real DISASTER. A CALAMITY. A CATASROPHE.

Actually, if global warming IS the reason then where you are will become warmer. Wheat etc will be able to grow more often and faster. Sunburn might become the big problem.
( :-)