Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Better Day Today?

I hope today goes more smoothly...yesterday started off pretty well, but at lunchtime, things kind of got upheaved (is that a word?)...Daughter was saying she was not hungry. Daddy told her she needed to eat because she's been saying she's not hungry ALL THE TIME lately. She ate a few bites, then went off to the bathroom. Next we hear is her telling daddy "I threw up and there's blood". Um...there's something that catches your attention! Mommy goes to check (it's in the fine print....Mommy must look at child's vomit when needed. Yuck!), and daughter is right. Everyone gets packed into the car, and off to the clinic we go to see a doctor who does not speak English very well. We explain the situation and the background (she'd had a few instances where she brought stuff up to her mouth in the last few days, but never actually barfed until that day, never hungry anymore...) he at first says nothing to worry about, she probably just strained herself when she vomited. She says no, it just kinda came out. Doctor checks her throat, etc...tonsils looking big, he says. She has a throat infection. Amoxil for 8 days, fluids only yesterday, no school yesterday. We shall see how today goes. Hopefully she will be fine and be able to eat and go back to school. I love Daughter, but having her stay home from school is a bit of a challenge...not only does she require my attention, but it throws off my schedule.
Today is my weigh-in day. I'll report on it later (like tomorrow?)....but I'm thinking it's not going to be a good one this week. Too many times of eating out this weekend, either at a restaurant or at the weiner roast.
It's super early right now...6AM, and I'm done my papers for the day....they filled the other two and gave me a smaller one today....I think I'm going to go nap on the couch.

No comments: