Saturday, February 3, 2007

I swear they do it on purpose!!!!

Just when I was happily thinking that in the deep freeze, I'd just have to do those two, easy little routes. They called last night to tell me those had been filled, and they had two new ones for me...other end of town, twice as many papers, more spread out. Oh yeah, and it's -34C out there, with a windchill of -48C. I am in PAIN!!!! I got up at 3 today, out the door about 3:15....finished around 6:45. I am SO happy that I have tomorrow off....maybe I'll be thawed by Monday (There is no Sunday paper, you see) ...and maybe by some miracle the weather forecast will be wrong, and things will warm up nicely. I can dream, can't I? DEFINITELY going to be snuggling up on the couch, making love to a huge cup of SOMETHING hot....either coffee, tea, or hot chocolate....not sure yet.
Today should be a good day, now that the papers are done...do some cleaning, daughter goes to two safety courses, maybe get to read some....and then escape to the cheap theatre by myself to see "Happy Feet" for the second time....sort of. The first time I went, it was me and the two kids....hubby went to see the new Bond flick instead, saying he just didn't want to see "Happy Feet"....daughter was an angel, son decided he needed to use the potty 12 TIMES!!!!! (we go, we hurry back, get him back in his booster seat, he starts yelling that he need to go potty, we go, we come back....you get the idea) I am SO glad daughter is mature enough to stay put, not talk to strangers, and raise holy hell if anybody tried anything with her. So she saw the movie....I essentially did not. Hubby was told that if he ever makes me take the kids on my own to a movie again in the next 3 years, he will be living in the backyard. Let's just say my mental state by the time we got out of the theatre was a mix of anger, disappointment, and definite resentment towards the two "men" in my life.
The downside of seeing it at the cheap theatre this time is that they don't sell nachos. I'm not crazy about theatre popcorn. Oh well.
Oh hey, speaking of nachos, 7-Eleven is stupid....they had it made with the most luscious chili and cheese toppings.....and then they changed it. their new chili is too spicy, and so is the new "cheese"....which isn't buttery and "pourable" like the old stuff....it's thick, like toothpaste! Ewwwwwwwwwww! Anybody else feel the same way? I just want my nacho cheese to be hot, buttery, and smooth....and pour or drip from the machine, not look like it's being squeezed out.
Morning is officially here....people are up, so off I go to don my supermommy cape.....and find me something hot to drink.

No comments: