Friday, February 2, 2007

FREEZE!

A friend of mine wrote recently in his blog about watching a bottle of water freeze right in front of his eyes. I can totally believe that, especially if his weather is anything like ours (and I suspect it is, since he only lives about 8 hours away). Today, I feel like that bottle of water. I wrote yesterday about planning on wearing my balaklava and going it half blind. I wasn't joking....I had 2 layers, plus my big coat on, 2 sets of mitts, plus this balaklava, and I was STILL cold!!!! When I was done the routes (took me about an hour and 45 minutes), the balaklava was frozen solid around the mouth/nose area....it looked like a mask when I took it off, as it had frozen to the shape of my face, complete with the bump for my nose. I am so totally waiting for spring!!!!!! That groundhog had better do the right thing and end winter, right here, right now. But of course, we all know it just doesn't work that way, the worst of winter is yet to come, and my arthritis will have me in a stranglehold soon enough. As it is, my finger joints are stiff and sore from today's cold weather....and they still claim it's going to get colder over the next few days. Global warming....yeah, right.....warm my globe, PLEASE!!!!!! (I know, I know, don't you all jump all over me on this one....I just mean I wish it didn't have to get so COLD, and expose to everyone what a wimp I am in winter)
That reminds me (Groundhog Day)....one of my friends has become a 30 year old groundhog today....I must wish her a happy birthday!!!! She is the youngest of our "Group of Seven", true by a mere 2 days, but she is our baby....all grown up. :-D I wonder how she's doing today, up in the North. I think I will cry if she has warmer weather than I do. :)
Well, I have sat here, staring blankly at the screen, for a few minutes, with no real thoughts at all about anything at all. Time for coffee. Or maybe I'll add some hot chocolate powder to it and make it a cafe mocha. :)

No comments: