Thursday, February 8, 2007

My kingdom for a nap

I feel like I could sleep forever. One of those days, I guess...it's cold out, I was up and out at 4AM, came home with frost so thick on my lashes that my eyes were freezing shut when I blinked....wrapped myself in a blanket on the couch by the heat grate, with a steamy bowl of oatmeal and a niiiice cup of hot chocolate...now I am warm and toasty....and SLEEPY!!!! I actually conked out for about half an hour while the kids watched Curious George on CBC Kids.
Today is one of my days when I don't get a whole lot of cleaning done....though I hope to get a load of laundry and a load of dishes done at the very least. Son has Toddler Time at the library, we do grocery shopping today, come home, eat lunch, put daughter on a bus to school....that sort of thing. I tend to run out of steam in the afternoons, and don't accomplish much after lunch....maybe because I get up so early and expend so much energy in the first few hours I am awake that by afternoon, my body has decided that the "workday" should be over....I must admit it will be quite nice when the kids are old enough to keep their stuff cleaned up, they are in school full time, and I am back to work during the day (which will not only mean not getting up so early, but not being home to make a mess myself, either). That and, if I can just get over my clutterbug ways, there will be so much less to clean up. :)
When I am back in the daytime workforce, also, I will have the $$$ to get an activity pass at the local community centres, which will give me free access to their pools and track and fitness rooms. I'm actually really looking forward to that, because if I am paying for a pass, I'm going to get my money's worth, which means I KNOW I will keep up with my exercising. I want especially to go running on the indoor track and use the fitness rooms....stairstepper machines, probably. A friend of mine is embarking on his own fitness challenge. I think it's a great idea. If I were to do what he is doing, I think my goal would be to run to Montreal. Check out his blog to see what I am talking about: http://blog.8r4d.com/
Well, time to go out and buy a huge head of cabbage...I signed myself up as a tester, and have a bottle of anonymous coleslaw dressing that arrived by courrier to try and evaluate in the next few days. I wish they'd let me test dark chocolate! :)

No comments: