Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sax and Violins

C'mon....I have to keep the titles clean to keep out those who would be "unsavoury" readers. Change the spellings a bit, and you have the topic of my rant.
Delivering papers allows me to glean some small bits of news from the front of the papers. Two stories have me up in arms, to say the least....what has happened to or world? First there is a story about a man who has been arrested for brutally abusing his 5 children. They hail this as the worst case of child abuse ever recorded, they claim. I don't know the details, but from a small clip I caught the very end of on the radio (why couldn't I have been in the car in time to hear the whole thing?), this monster gave one of his kids an STD. Knowingly.
The second was entitled "This goes beyond violence...this was just unthinkable"....a group of girls and at least one guy are out, drinking. Somehow they end up on the road, no apparent argument, but one girl falls down, drunk. The others then yell at her, call her names, spit on her, kick her, threaten to urinate on her....then one girl lights this poor girl's hair on fire. It goes out. They light it again....and leave. The girl was found on a public street, with nothing left but a cuff and part of her underwear dangling off her, alive, but essentially burnt to a crisp. What has happened? Ho have people turned so uncaring, so EVIL????
I would write more if I had time, but I have to go out in about 3 minutes. Feel free to write comments, start a discussion on this.
On a happier note, i have found a HUGE source of Muppets clips....will be adding them to my links in the near future. Hope you will enjoy them, once I get them posted.

2 comments:

neville222 said...

Does Canada have gun control laws? USA seems to have a lot of mass killings by guns. We have the worst record where about 9 years ago a maniac shot 34 people dead.
After that all guns were collected and scrapped. Only farmers and sportspeople were allowed to keep guns if they could prove they needed them.

Scuzzlewump said...

Yes, we do have gun control laws. Those who are determined to have one still manage to get one, but they would be owned illegally. We don't have the same level of shootings as the states, but we seem to have a very high crime rate in places anyway.