Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Money, Money, money

Yeah, right. But anyway, I'm happy to be back to work again after a week of no work at all. Got up at 3:30 this morning and made myself $22 for about 2 hours' work. As early as 3:30 is, it actually felt really good to be back "on schedule" again, though I didn't get the chance to go to the gym today, since Husband has to leave early for his weekly breakfast meeting. Oh well.
Finished reading Dad's book...now I have to wait another year for his next one. Checking out the web was kind of neat....there are all kinds of libraries that carry his book already! (But I have this vague feeling I may have already mentioned that)
Now the rest of this week goes absolutely crazy. Today Daughter has her first real baseball game, at the same time as I have my Friends and Family night at chorus (AKA dress rehearsal with an audience), tomorrow morning I do papers, Daughter goes for her trial run of French Immersion (since last week the principal had forgotten to set it up with the teacher), and in the evening she has her Sparks year-end wrap-up party. Thursday morning,do papers, Husband goes for a briefing while I take one cat in for a haircut, take the kids grocery shopping, and Son to Toddler Time at the library. Pick up Husband and cat, take everyone home for lunch, get Daughter on the bus, finish packing, in the evening go perform at First Nite, go home, crash, get up, do papers on Friday, Husband goes for a meeting, comes back, takes me downtown, hopefully I drop off my stuff at the hotel (though i can't check in until 4PM), go to Mass Sing, Education class, check into the hotel, watch the Quartet competition, Saturday get up early, breakfast with everyone and maybe perform for them, last rehearsal, then the wild craziness of all of us 54 women getting costumes and makeup on, keeping voices warmed up, then the whirlwind of competition and the nervewracking, heart stopping stress of listening to the results and hoping we win so we can go to Internationals in Hawaii next year. Then we do Show of Champions (after a quick cold cut style supper), then party until 1AM. We all meet in someone's room to talk, laugh, sing, my roomies get drunk, we all crash around 4AM, and when we drag ourselves out of bed Sunday morning we pack and go home.
I love competition. :-D

No comments: