Wednesday, May 23, 2007

HEAVE!!!!!

Today I started two new routes because a carrier quit. I think I know why. Along with the 114 papers sat 106 Sears catalogues, and not just ANY Sears catalogues. We are talking monster-size puppies, here. I believe they said each one weighs 1635g. That's nearly 2kg each! If that number is correct, I loaded 173 1/3 kg into my van today...about 381 lbs for those of you who work in pounds. They need to be done by Friday. It's been pouring for 3 days now. I'm wet, I'm cold, I'm tired, I'm sore, and even using my cart, which is going to collapse any day now, I just know it, I can only haul about 25 at a time, and that's WITHOUT the newspapers. I carried and hauled and delivered this morning, and due to sheer will, managed to deliver 114 newspapers and 66 catalogues in 3 hours.
I found a neat thing at the local Dollarama the other day, and used it this morning for a little bit, and it worked fairly well until the wind picked up...it's an umbrella, but instead of a handle, it has an elastic headband, so you wear it like a hat. perfect for me when I am pulling the cart with one hand and holding a load of papers plus my list in the other. I look like a blithering idiot, but it works, and quite honestly, at that time of the morning, I really don't care. It's not like I've had any time to work on making myself more than vaguely presentable anyway (drag my butt out of bed, into the bathroom, pj's off, t-shirt, jeans, etc on. Brush hair and slap on a hairband. Brush teeth. Boots, jacket on, keys in hand, and out the door all within 15 minutes).
Daughter was thrilled with me when I got home....I found two slightly crushed robin's eggs in the grass on one of the routes. There was enough shape left so you could see they were egg shells and get a general idea of the original size, and they were a beautiful shade of blue.
I have approximately a week before my friend arrives, and I want to look as good as possible, so I am back on the diet today, hoping I can stick to it enough to shed a few pounds before then, and maybe stick to it after that point, too, to finally kick those extra 50 pounds in the butt....or off my butt, if you will. So far so good,I guess. Mug of coffee with 1% milk and 2tsp sugar, 1 bowl oatmeal with 2 Tbsp raisins, some 1% milk in it, and 2 tsp brown sugar. Helped warm me up after those 3 soggy hours, too. :)
Probably doesn't hurt, too, that we are all done Husband's birthday cake and the box of Jos Louis he bought as a treat on that day. Less temptation.

No comments: