Monday, May 7, 2007

Of songs and nachos

Well, it was certainly an interesting weekend....things seem to have gone well with the babysitters, and I came home proudly sporting 2 medals...3rd place mid-size chorus and 4th place overall (out of 17). Same placement as last year, but our score improved by 27 points this year to 583, and our showmanship mark moved up to a B+ with the other categories (sound, expression, aaaand....something else I forget) all being a solid B. We sang "Once Upon a Time" and "Alabama Jubilee" this year.
It was a lot of fun, but I'm really looking forward to next year when I go AWAY to Surrey.
Over the weekend, Husband in his busy schedule managed to pick up the annual flat of strawberries at the strawberry fair, so I was pleased to come home to 12c of those green plastic baskets loaded with berries to be cut, packaged, and frozen for jams and desserts over the next year.
The only true downside of the weekend was that poor Son got sick...babysitter fed him some of my hint of lime tortilla chips, which I forgot to warn her about...Son is allergic to something in the flavouring, and having eaten some, turned himself inside out at both ends, finally seeming to be better today.
Son just toddled in..."I 'ave a prezznt for you, mommy! Tha's yours!" My present is a dandelion he just picked for me in the backyard. What a sweetie!
Today I get to meet a friend for lunch at Red Lobster. Yummmmmm! :)

No comments: