Friday, June 8, 2007

Mommy!!! *sniff, sniff* It's Oveeeerrrrr!

A week has gone by and my friend has gone home. It was a wonderful week, one that went way too fast, and that I wish could have lasted forever. She is what I would call one of my bestest, bestest friends (because there isn't really any term that accurately covers how good of a friend she is). She is the kind of friend you can talk to about pretty much anything....or sit and say absolutely nothing with, including listening to the radio over the phone together, 2 1/2 provinces apart. She is the kind of friend who won't let you get away with anything, who will call your bluff every time, and who doesn't give a flying flip about how mad you may be at her doing so. She's been gone less than a day, and already I miss her horribly. It had been 2 years since we had seen each other, but when she walked off that plane, it was as if time hadn't gone by at all. No screaming, jumping up and down, just kind of "Hey, you made it, let's go find your luggage" "Hey, the kids are so big now!". We talked a lot, we hung out almost constantly, including her willingly getting up with me in the mornings to do papers with me and then sitting in the kitchen over coffee. We ate a lot. And I REALLY mean a lot. We ate Ben and Jerry's ice cream, chips, pop, pizza, we went to a buffet once, we found new or favourite candies and chocolate bars, we ate girl guide cookies...for the most part, if we ate, we overdid things. So next week we will both be keeping each other accountable to get the pounds off again. I'm kind of looking forward to it, if we can in fact stick to it. We drove up to Saskatoon, I showed her some of my favourite places and things, made her fall in love with the place, scared her with hungry geese (which was pretty funny, looking back on it), and enchanted her with my new church. I got her into Crazy Frog, and we sang a lot to Christian music and country radio....and of course I took her to chorus with me to show off a bit. :-D
It will be a little less than 2 years before I see her again....November 2008, to be exact. I wish we didn't live so far apart. I could really use a friend like her nearby. I had a rough spot this week, which she went through with me, and she still likes me anyway. She made me promise if I ever had a bad day, I would call her and talk to her. I promised, because I know she means well...but talking over the phone like that probably isn't going to help a whole lot....she's way out there, I'm way out here, so all we'll have is words...and I'm honestly very afraid of what would happen if I did keep this promise....the last time I talked to people about how I was feeling, thinking, acting, they handed me a letter saying they couldn't deal with me anymore and not to talk to them anymore, and to stay away from them. I'd be afraid that I'd get too comfortable with sharing my thoughts and feelings, and drive her away as well.
I have a pinched nerve in my neck again, so am moving pretty gingerly today. My house is slowly creeping back into insanity with my slowed speed at cleaning up after everyone, the inclination to "leave things for later because it hurts too much right now", and maybe a touch of depression. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better and I will catch up and keep up.
Daughter is now tied for third place in her little league. She has 2 more games, and then we are into playoffs. She is an amazing player, and her whole team is becoming quite the oiled little machine.
Son had a little girl wander over from 2 doors down this morning, so they were wheeling his baby doll around in her doll carriage on our driveway....such a cute little couple.
Tomorrow I will have an increase in papers again (which is good, as I'd been delivering 23-31 papers the last 3 days), adding a route, though just for tomorrow, of about 56 papers. Brings tomorrow's income up to $23. Not a huge week...my total for the week will be $99...but better than nothing. Next week will be slim for me again, as I can't work Monday or Wednesday, since Husband has a job overnight those days that will bring him home too late for me to do the papers. On the upside, he makes more than I do, by far, so maybe he can let me keep a bit more of this month's paper income for myself, to pay for chorus and my Leisure Pass and such.
My neck is seizing up ferociously, so I'd better stop typing. I will try to write here a bit more often than I have the past few weeks.

No comments: