Sunday, June 10, 2007

I love Drugs

After nearly a week in pain that nearly drove me insane, I got my hands on a box of Robax Platinum, at the suggestion of the doctor. I thought that the Robaxacet we already had was the same thing, but obviously not. After taking some of this Platinum stuff, I am still in a lot of pain, but it has eased it enough that I can function on at the very least a minimal level. I highly recommend this stuff but they mean it when they say no driving and so on...it's got something in it, but I'm not sure what, which makes you a little loopy, or at least very groggy.
Daughter has one more game today before playoffs start. She won yesterday's game, so they seem to be on a roll.
I rototilled my garden on Friday, which made yesterday a nightmare, in terms of my muscles and the already pinched nerve....but as I said, once I got the Robax Platinum, I could think of something other than pain for a while, even though it still hurt like you wouldn't believe. I even needed help getting ready for bed last night because I was in so much pain, even WITH the Robax Platinum.
My friend who was here had said that she thought she saw 99% cocoa chocolate bars from Lindt. I thought she must be mistaken, but then yesterday, at Shoppers, I found it, and of course had to buy it. This stuff even comes with a warning to work your way up from a lower cocoa level. My first square was not so pleasant, but the second square I was able to thoroughly savour. It's really good beside a cup of coffee. Definitely not for those who eat chocolate for the sweetness....this is extremely bitter stuff. But for those who eat it for the endorphins and the true cocoa experience, this is the ultimate. It's expensive, but in a way not so expensive...you're only going to eat a square at a time, so it lasts a long time...it will take you days to eat it instead of minutes.
Having discovered the joys of dark chocolate and working my way up to this, I have found that I do not enjoy milk chocolate anymore. It is way too sweet and not enough chocolate flavour. I think the lowest level I would go for now is the semi-sweet, and even that is really sweet...but good for cookies. :)

No comments: