Monday, June 11, 2007

Day One

My friend and I have officially started our tag team diet...she has a mere 12 pounds to lose, while I have a whopping 55. Needless to say, she will reach the finish line before I do. It certainly is a bit easier to stick to it when you know there's someone else out there not only struggling with you, but also who you promised to tell if you screwed up. The urge to splurge has been huge today for both of us, but so far we both have held strong. I am absolutely sloshing with water while I wait for my 3PM apple.
Daughter won her last game yesterday, giving them a final score of 9 wins, 4 losses, and a tie. Now we wait for the last team to play, then playoffs will start.
It is rather hot today, and i was out in the yard, hoping to catch a cool breeze, looking at my apple trees...I could make a fortune if all of the apples that have started to grow make it to maturity....each branch has something like 20 apples on it, and there are probably somewhere around 100 branches out there...no way am I going to be able to use that many apples, and I don't want a repeat of last year where the hornets invade to eat the remaining ones. So once they are ripe, I will pick and process as many as I possibly can, then invite people to come and get some for themselves....if I charge even a few bucks, we could make a bunch!
Anyway, I need to go do my Sweatin' To the Oldies before Daughter gets home from school and before Son wakes up from his nap.

No comments: