Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm back again

Well, I've kind of been off this blog lately, mostly because of my houseguests, but also because we've all had roaring colds. I am feeling much better now, although I am having what one of my friends calls a "tired day"....peeled myself out of bed this morning, shuffling off to do papers, pushed myself through the two routes, and decided it would be safer for everybody involved if I didn't go to the gym, but rather drove carefully home and snoozed on the couch until the rest of the family was up...carefully because I was so tired I was afraid I was going to fall asleep at the wheel, and also because with this surprise snowstorm we got yesterday, the roads are sheer ice (and snow).
Well, that was around 6:30. That's pretty much all I remember until Husband routed me off the couch around 9:30. And it took me a good hour and a strong cup of coffee to even remotely be able to put a coherent thought together. I'm about ready to go back to bed, if it were feasible....but of course, it's 2:30PM, so that is just silly.
We are still driving around in the rental van. The garage phoned today to say maybe they might possibly have it ready for tomorrow (but maybe not)...gives me a better idea of how serious the crash was if it's already been a week that they've been working on it, and they still have at least a day of work left on it.
My back is is terrible shape, standing for a long time (like last night at chorus) is excruciating. The antiinflammatories I was given I can't take because of my allergy to ASA (I tried anyway, and ended up bleeding), and the muscle relaxants make me stupidly groggy. So essentially I can't ease the pain because I have to care for the kiddies. I look forward to 2 weeks from now when I can see the massage therapist again. Until then, I guess I beg Husband to use the Thumper on me every day (so called because it's a hand held muscle massager that basically THUMPS your muscles into submission).
Well, I've spent enough time procrastinating....I have a dishwasher to load and a kitchen to clean. I'd better find some really upbeat music to put on to get me through it easier.

No comments: