Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Grinding to a Halt

I haven't really been very motivated to write lately....it seems that a lot of what I write must seem somewhat petty to others....it's not like I live a terribly interesting life, overall, just your basic, lower middle class stay-at-home-Mom existence. I'm glad there are maybe 4 of you out there who check this blog out....it's nice to know someone's out there. :)
If anyone has any ideas for interesting things I can talk about, let me know, and I'll certainly give it a shot. :)
The last time I wrote was Saturday, sooo....
Saturday was fun, going to the surprise party, and then when Husband picked me up, getting Joey's Only for supper....it's way too greasy for frequent consumption, but every once in awhile it's pretty yummy.
Sunday was a very busy day...I helped lead the singing at church, Husband had Umpire School all day, and Daughter had her first meeting with her softball coach, plus in between all of this, I drove by Daughter's new school for next year (more in a minute), took them to McD's for lunch (and yes, they got to play on the playplace for a bit), and had them run around like maniacs at a local playpark. After all this, picked up Husband after watching the police, firemen, and ambulance arrive after somebody hit a teen on a bike who shot out into traffic without looking, went home, made burgers, and vegged.
Monday we e-mailed back and forth with a local French Immersion school....Daughter is finding normal school way too easy, and needs a challenge (and a bit of a nick to her pride)...she can already multiply, she's reading chapter books, etc, etc....and although she doesn't mean it in a mean way, is very liberal in telling everyone how easy all the work at school is, which is causing her to enter the miserable, lonely world of geekdom waaaaaaaay too early. Husband and I both lived the lonely world of the geek, where nobody wanted to hang around us cuz we were smart and not cool, and we figure if she's gotta be smart, she might as well be smart in a place where she has half a shot at being accepted as such, and according to the principal at the French Immersion school, this will be a great place because not only will she get the challenge she needs (learning a new language while learning the school material), but the kids in her class are also motivated and smart...or will be, since she will not start attending until the fall, when she starts Grade 1. She won't have too much of a problem catching up, as I will be teaching her some stuff over the summer, we may be billeting a French Canadian from Quebec in the summer for the Canadian baseball Championships, I have taught her the important phrase "Je ne comprends pas", and in less than a day she not only learned to count to 11 in French, but started the complex thought process of taking "Je ne comprends pas" and the numbers and coming up with "Je am six" <---pronounced in the French way. I explained that it was a good try and then told her what it should be (J'ai six ans)....but just that she would combine those concepts that quickly....she'll get the language down in no time.
Anyway, also on Monday, I started prepping my back yard for planting...it's really nice outside, weather wise, finally. Yesterday I worked a bit more on it, so that I'm almost ready to plant....as long as the weather holds, and as soon as I get the seeds. I'm even wearing shorts, it's so warm out!
I didn't wear shorts for papers this morning, though....a bit too cool at 6C when it's only 4:30AM. Had a short route today, a mere 42 papers, then headed to the gym. I'm out of practice, with a heart rate of 167....but once I am back on a regular routine, it should come back down again.
My best friend from Montreal (who now lives in Toronto) is coming to visit! My first ever friend to come visit me in my own home (except when I was in 2nd year university and K drove 3 hours to see me)!!!! I am so excited, and hope she will have fun...and not get too disgusted with my less than perfect cleaning habits.
Anyways, I should get on with my day now....everyone will be getting up soon, and I need to decide what to have for breakfast. Maybe eggs and toast again.

1 comment:

neville222 said...

Am reading although I have been down of late.

GG cookies are considered here as being not nutritious and so are no longer sold. stupid