Thursday, March 6, 2008

Westjet ROCKS!

I just remembered one of the things I wanted to blog about.
I get to fly three times, count 'em THREE times this year. I love to fly. I especially love the taking off and landing parts...that feeling is so cool.
Anyway. Westjet will be taking me all three times.
The first time will be in early April. That will be for Regional competition in Surrey (BC). I got that one on a 40% off sale, which was really cool. To top it off, our plans changed slightly, as we are taking the kids to see the Wiggles on the day I was scheduled to return home....but the show we are going to is a 2 1/2 hour drive from here, and I'd never make it in time. So I phoned them up, and the very nice lady looked into it for me, and got me an open ended flight....Regina to Surrey, then Surrey to Saskatoon. And the cost to change the flight? $21. You see, it costs $40 to change a flight, but the return trip to Saskatoon was $19 cheaper than the original return flight to Regina. Yay.
The second time will be at the end of May. This is the most amazing one. Regina to Toronto (and back)....one day sale....80% off. You heard me....80% off. $39 one way plus taxes, etc... I am going and taking my two kids with me (and kids pay full fare to fly....no more kid rates).....total cost for three return tickets? About $530. Total, not each. Total. My ticket for my first flight, just for me, was close to that amount! That will be so much fun....I get to visit a friend who has two kids only 7 months apart in age from my kids (I had one in January, she had one in August.....then SHE had one in January, and I had one in August), and hopefully will get to see a friend that I have not seen since summer of 2000. And we will get to meet each other's kids.
The third time is one we have been planning for and saving for for a little over 2 years now....Grey Cup in Montreal. Husband is going to Grey Cup, and the kids and I are going shopping, sight seeing, and visiting around my old Alma Mater. I love Montreal. Always have, always will, and want my kids to share that love, too. That one will be covered entirely by airmiles. Woo hoo!
So all in all, it's going to be a very fun year, doing more traveling than I have done in a very, very, VERY long time! Yaaaaaaaay! :)
Oh, and just for the record....Air Canada sucks.

No comments: