Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ohhhhhhhh Dear!

Well, here I sit in front of the computer....wondering where, exactly, my brain has gone.
I ran my 5.06km at the track yesterday....and had a rough night as my muscles complained about my having done so. I creaked my way out of bed and did my papers and decided I had better go to the track again, so I don't start putting it off and end up unprepared for May 25.
So I went. And I ran. I figured if I just got going the muscles would feel better, stop hurting so much. I ran the full 5.06Km. Again. And then I came home, got daughter off to school, and sat to do my e-mail and all the rest. And now I cannot move. I hurt so bad you can almost HEAR the muscles screaming each time I try to budge. And I can't afford to just stay here in this chair....I have a house to clean, top to bottom. I have less than a week to do so, and don't know how much help I'm going to get. Not fun.

On a really cool note, though, I am now the proud owner of a 1984 Ford LTD midsize. It will take some getting used to, as I have been somewhat spoiled by modern cars. I now have to remember to do things other cars today do on their own. Bessie doesn't even have a fuel injector. She's big, she's got some rust, but she runs. And she only cost $500. Now I have to figure out how to get the kids in safely....the back only has lap belts (and I've heard that the ones with shoulder straps are better), and I phoned around....nobody will even TRY to put a car seat anchor in! Luckily, Son is nearly big enough for a booster seat, and daughter is nearly big enough to forego a child seat altogether, so hopefully that will do. That and a little prayer. Maybe I'll see if I can buy my own anchor and get a drill that can go through metal.

No comments: