Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new year begins!

I am so far behind in this blog because 2007 went out in a busy way, not all of it positive.
To briefly catch up, we all got sick for about a month. I had tonsillitis, a bunch of not-so-good doctors, and a recent relapse which has, thankfully, finally been properly treated with strong antibiotics.
I have to phone the dentist to see if being on the antibiotics will mean I am not able to have my root canal next week.
The kids and Husband are finally recovered or recovering from colds, flus, bronchitis, pneumonia.....as I said, 2007 went out with a bang.
Husband had a big contract that would have allowed me to quit papers and just be a stay-at-home-Mom until Son was in school full time, but that fell through, so I am back to papers and once again working towards the goal of an old second hand car.
It was cold this morning. Despite being wrapped up, I still have hives all over my legs from the cold reaching my legs somehow. (What a weird allergy to have, eh?)
We had a good Christmas. We went to the in-laws' for a little less that a week, saw my sister and b-i-l, took the kids to Drumheller to the dinosaur museum on the way back....it was a lot of fun, and quite honestly a bit mind-boggling, looking at all the real dinosaur bones.
In any case, here we are in 2008. Eight years ago I had just held somebody else's twin babies and started yearning desperately for babies of my own. 23 days from now, Daughter will turn 7. 43 days from now, I will have been married 8 1/2 years. 45 days from now, Son will be 3 1/2. I look back and wonder where the time went! Neither of my babies look like babies anymore!
2008 is going to be a big year. Daughter will be 7. Son will be 4. I will have been married 9 years. My parents will be moving here. My parents will have been married 37 years. My brother might move here and go back to school. I will get to see some friends I have not seen in years. I will get to go to Montreal and show my kids places I've been and things I've seen and done there. And my one major resolution (I don't really make them, so I guess it's more of a goal), is that I will lose my extra weight (about 54 pounds as of today) before I go on my big trip in November. Oh.....and another big one would be to work hard on making my marriage the best it can be and finding a way to separate it from my Mommy-hood.

No comments: