Saturday, August 4, 2012

Short and Sweet

I love berries.
Strawberries, raspberries, saskatoons, blueberries....
Buying them at the grocery store can be expensive.
But I have one big advantage. I have my own strawberry plants in my garden and a small flower garden with half of it full of raspberry canes.
Next year, I think I will also invest in a few blueberry and saskatoon bushes.
This year, my strawberries simply decided not to produce, at least no more than a handful or two, berry-wise.
But the raspberry bushes...WELL!!!!
As my son says "It's like they just can't live without you!", which in child-speak means they are producing at an amazing rate this year. In a mere month, my teeny patch has given me more than 5 POUNDS of berries!
And let me tell you, if you have only tried store-bought raspberries, you have NO IDEA what you are missing! There is NOTHING that tastes quite as good and sweet as a dessert or even a handful made of your own, home-grown, no preservatives added raspberries, fresh from the garden.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey... so we just booked a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas for February. Where did you all go?

Unknown said...

Odd.. the previous comment was supposed to appear on your cruise ship post.

Scuzzlewump said...

Hey Brad. I never even saw this comment until now. Sorry! We went LAST year to CocoCay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. This year we went to St Thomas and St Maarten. We got diverted both times...are you doing East or West?